NTFS is seen as FAT32-cant access data
:?:
To any god sent people,
Seems that we have a pretty unique problem here, I have spoke with numerous hard drive recovery people, all saying they cant help. Here it goes.
The problem is with XP and 98 confliction, I had a external HD formatted to NTFS. I plugged it into a 98 machine to pull some files off, then as a browsed the drive, I saw everything showing up in jumbled ascii figures. Since windows 98 uses FAT32 I realized the problem so I shut down and replugged the drive into and XP machine. Then I saw that 98 changed the format from NTFS to FAT32. The drive is a 180gb and since FAT 32 has a limit of 137GB that’s all it shows now, and in a unreadable format(ASCII looking characters)
How can I changed the file allocation tables back to NTFS?
Hope you can help, or maybe know someone who can.
Thanks in advance
S&C