LET LOOSE! (invites to M$ bashing)
Since no one else wants to start a thread on this, and, I know, everyone wants to let loose, sometime...
Here's the place to do it!!!
Whats your worst Microsoft experiance, whats your worst dissaster, was it in support, in the product, in the hardware, or software???
It would -also- be nice to see responses that show where M$ has failed, and LINUX, has worked, too :D (not so much Knoppix specific either, any Linux, this is, The Lounge, so, kick off your shoes, and let loose!)
Ms. Cuddles
A Case of M$ v. Linux and M$ Lost
I recently had a sound card die on me. The weird part was it always continued to work as long as the computer would boot up. But because it was faulty, the computer would sometimes not boot. I know this now. But when I was in the middle of my not-booting often-freezing up computer, I was going nuts trying to figure out what was going on.
M$ was no help whatsoever. Everything would check out fine when the computer was running.
Linux on the other hand was a big help. It was during the boot process that I noticed I was getting error messages when the sound module would load. Ah ha!
Once I pulled the sound card all was back to normal. If I had not seen the sound module loading error during the boot process, I could have easily and wrongly concluded I needed something like a new mobo.
But this points to something important that I like about Linux. It consistently gives you more, WAY more information about what is going on in your system. This is where M$ could improve a lot.
That makes at least 3 areas where M$ needs to improve. 1. security. 2. Performance 3. Providing system info.
Oh, and they could lower their prices!!!
Linux has them beat in those areas.
sakiZ