Knoppix to HD, erase SuSE
I got installed SuSE 9.3 on my hdd and its the only OS on this disk.
I was wondering if i follow irongeek video tutorial to install knoppix on this disk will there be any differences?
I am making a music player for New Year. We're going to celebrate and we need a rock stable mp3 player.
The computer itself isn't the dream one but in fact it should be realible (dual P2-333, 256MB, 4.5GB SCSI disk) and the 160 GB disk with over 60 GB of mp'3s BUT on the NTFS partition. There shouldnt be any problem i guess?
i got 4.0DVD. it will be installed to that scsi hdd (where is currently SuSE!)
tell me what to expect please!
Thanks in advance
Dakky
Re: Knoppix to HD, erase SuSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakky21
tell me what to expect please!
Thanks in advance
Dakky
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakky21
And you're the moderator and still keeps me buggin to "join your side". I mean this is now more of a private nature, but i think you should say "yea, people, this knoppix works great on HDD" instead of "come to me, debian owns, knoppix sux for installing on hdd etc."
Just because I logged in one day and suddenly found out that I was now a moderator doesn't stop me from having opnions about Knoppix. And it certainly doesn't make me advise people to install onto hard disk what is intended as a Live CD and because of several design choices made in making the Live disc a very bad choice for installing to hard disk. I also personally think there are some problems with the install scripts too, as I see many many cases of things that worked fine from CD that stopped working when the hard disk install was run, such as Internet access, but I haven't bothered to track those down, since I realize that Knoppix shouldn't be installed in the first place. You asked tell me what to expect please! I don't know why you would want me to lie to you and tell you that installing Knoppix and then trying to update packages will be clean and simple when it will be far from that.