No mouse with Knoppix 5.1.1 on Virtual PC 2007
Hi everyone
I've just downloaded the Knoppix 5.1.1 CD image, and can't get the mouse to work under Virtual PC 2007. It seems as though Linux 2.6.19 isn't detecting the PS/2 mouse.
Knoppix 5.0.1 (Linux 2.6.17) works fine. In "dmesg" I see this line:
Code:
serio: i8042 AUX port at 0x60,0x64 irq 12
And in /proc/interrupts, there is:
Code:
12: 578 XT-PIC i8042
However, on Knoppix 5.1.1, I don't see either of the above. The "pci=irqmask=0x0e98" option mentioned in the FAQ doesn't help.
A quick web search reveals that other people are having similar problems with other distros, but I did not find any solutions. Any help would be appreciated.
-- graham
RE: no mouse knoppix with virtual pc 2007
- "i8042.noloop" makes the PS/2 mouse work, otherwise it's stuck in
the center of the screen; reference: comment #45 at
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla....cgi?id=223606
- "psmouse.proto=imps" makes the mouse wheel work; optional as it's
not that usefull during the install, but usefull to add it to kernel
options for normal system use.
using vpc 2007 and knoppix 5.1
using vpc 2007 and knoppix 5.1 , mouseless... i think i'm going to try burning the dvd though.