Re: logout & logout knoppix
Quote:
Originally Posted by chain
I don't get a log on screen when login to knoppix, the desktop appears can someone tell me what is wrong, do I need to change a setting.
When I logout of knoppix, my machine power down completely, can someone tell me what is wrong, do I need to change a setting.
Can I make an assumption here... Are you booting off the Knoppix CD, or have you done a hard drive install of Knoppix :?:
If your answer to the above assumption is - You are booting off the CD - then nothing is wrong with your Operating System - as noted in the "sticky" on Root Passwords, you do not need to login to Knoppix if you are running off the CD, and, as far as the shutdown is concerned, that is a normal behaviour too.
If, on the other hand, you are not booting off the CD, then, yes this is a issue, and maybe even a convern. But, I would guess you are running off the CD.
Hope this helps,
Ms. Cuddles
setting desktop and loss of Lyx
Hello everyone,
Thanks for everyone for the discussion, which paved the way for me to do my HDD install witout much problems. I did a beginner type install. The problem is I started Knoppix with icewm and did the install. When I booted the HDD install it went to the KDE desktop!
A BIG dissapointment is the removal of LATEX and LYX. LOL! I have to use word processors again? :(