Had to do an upgrade on PHPBB, hope everything is working. And things should be a bit faster now..
Also PM is enabled. This new theme is temporary and I will work to get the old design back for those who want it.
Printable View
Had to do an upgrade on PHPBB, hope everything is working. And things should be a bit faster now..
Also PM is enabled. This new theme is temporary and I will work to get the old design back for those who want it.
testing
Seems to work
If you have any issues, you may need to delete your cookies from www.knoppix.net and try logging in again
Kudos! It certainly seems fast.
Is it just my imagination or did the 'preview' and 'submit' buttons swap places? Not that it matters much compaired to increasing speed.
Erm, I think I'll just wait for the old theme to make a comeback, sort of got used to it.
Nice, seamless upgrade as it should; thanks eadz for creating and taking care of this site.
Did I simply not notice before, or did you also just restore the latest posts list on the front page? If that doesn't tax the server too much, wouldn't it be a good idea to make that list slightly longer, say 20 entries or so ... Just a suggestion, of course.
BTW, I don't mind the new theme at all, it even looks more kde-ish to me..
Cheers,
--bald
PS: funny, I just noticed that http://www.knoppix.net/forum/index.php shows the new skin, whereas http://www.knoppix.net still has the old one...
I'm just not used to it yet. But I did notice that the tabs at the top are missing. How does one find the WIKI and buglist, download mirrors, etc?
jd
great, now i dont have to login everytime i come. Nice theme too.
If you try to post as guest the register link actually makes you register at PHP5 Forum Forums.
I had to register clicking in the link at the top of the page.
Yes I still have to add those links.Quote:
Originally Posted by j.drake
The list is on the forum not on the knoppix.net homepage. I might be able to add the list back to the homepage at some stage.Quote:
Originally Posted by baldyeti
Yeah I like it as well but some people might prefer the old one..Quote:
BTW, I don't mind the new theme at all, it even looks more kde-ish to me..
The main site does not have a skin as such, just that the forum had one which looked the same as the site.Quote:
PS: funny, I just noticed that http://www.knoppix.net/forum/index.php shows the new skin, whereas http://www.knoppix.net still has the old one...
Ok, default theme is back. (if you want that blue one, you can set it in your profile page )
Ahh, perfection :D
And as baldyeti well put it, thanks for providing this forum for all of us.
Sweet Eadz,
I had the pleasure of coming into the forums last night, and seeing the "transition" - That blue "kde-like" look was, let say, very COOL, and the whole site was running, shall we say, extremelly fast. I barely had a chance to "guzzle" a drink of coffee before the page I asked to be displayed was up, now thats fast...
You must have found some "coding" loops, or something, in this new version [?]
As for the "new look" on the forums, I came in this morning, and the look was gone, i.e. back the way it was before - I kinda thought it had a more "polished" and "professional" look-n-feel to it - glad to see you kept it as an "option" in our "profiles" - it sure blows away the forums I used to "run around" in, in Windows...
And the speed of the site, and pages being displayed is really nice... Unfortunatelly, with this increase of pages being displayed, it is cutting down on the amount of my coffee intake... ( this could have catastrophic reprocusions here [giggle] )
Thanks Eadz, for the forums, and for your tireless work on keeping them "up to date", and lookin good :D ( not to mention, the "cutting-edge" of the sites displays )
Ms. Cuddles
I like the blue one fine, but the old one seems just a little bit different from everyone else's phpBB forum. To me, the blue one just looks like everyone else's generic. The main problem I have with the blue is that it doesn't have tabs at the top. I do my best to help newbies with basic questions (being completely inadequate in my own knowledge to more challenging issues). Consequently, I would often direct them to answers in the WIKI and buglist. If they are running the blue version, they will have no idea WTH I'm yammering about, and will be less likely to look things up on their own. If you're keeping the blue as an alternative, would it be too much trouble to integrate similar tabs across the top to assist in helping others out?
Thanks for maintaining what is undoubtedly the best linux forum I've seen, to match the best distro I've encountered.
jd
Got them now. :)Quote:
Originally Posted by j.drake
I have two wishes, which aren't new to this update, but I use the opportunity:
a) The default-font is very small, so I have to hit (Ctrl-+) and (Ctrl--) in my browser, joining and leaving the knoppix-forum. Setting my prefered font-size in my personal settings would be great.
b) When I 'mark all topics read' I get a 'putting you back to knoppix:networking' or whatever category I'm in.
Now: usually, I don't want to browse any further in that section, after marking it 'all read', and guess most other users will leave the so marked section too.
Couldn't we be moved to the main-forum-overview instead?
The 2 choices for themes in the profile section:Quote:
Originally Posted by eadz
Morpheous and fiplain are not the theme that I was using before the upgrade.
Any chance of getting the original original board theme back?
Thank you in adance.