ISO on CD but doesn't boot
Hello,
I have the ISO image on CD and checked the md5 sums and everything good there. When I try to boot from CD nothing happens; just loads Windows like nothing is there. :cry: it doesn't seem to matter what computer I put my CD in. I even checked the BIOS and they are set to check CD for boot before hard drive. What am I doing wrong? I thought this was supposed to be simple.
Thanks
ISO on CD but doesn't boot-- an answer
The first time I tried to burn the ISO onto a CD and then boot the computer from it, I got nothing--- the computer wouldn't boot onto the CD and it went right into Windows.
I then renamed the ISO file to less than 8 letters. (I named it just knoppix.iso )
Then I right clicked on the iso file and selected "burn to CD".
I am using Roxio's CD Creator 5.35.
I then selected Disc-at-once and made sure the selection for Write CD Text was selected.
The CD burned and when I rebooted I came right into it.
I am actually using it now. And the Konqueror web browser is very similar to IE and Mozilla.
Hope the above info helps.
Re: ISO on CD but doesn't boot
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheromen1031
Hello, I have the ISO image on CD and checked the md5 sums and everything good there. When I try to boot from CD nothing happens; just loads Windows like nothing is there. :cry: it doesn't seem to matter what computer I put my CD in. I even checked the BIOS and they are set to check CD for boot before hard drive. What am I doing wrong? I thought this was supposed to be simple. Thanks
Howdy, Fisherman. Sounds like you plopped the ISO file on to a CD rather than burning the image file that the ISO represents to the CD... maybe I'm right, maybe wrong... but what I do feel pretty confident about: if you need to burn it under Windows, this free program should solve your problems:
http://www.burnatonce.com/