Hi, everybody.
It's not very important, but does anybody know if is's possible to hear radio online? Usually radio servers work with Realtime or Windows Media; is there a linux software for this?
Thank you very much.
Printable View
Hi, everybody.
It's not very important, but does anybody know if is's possible to hear radio online? Usually radio servers work with Realtime or Windows Media; is there a linux software for this?
Thank you very much.
I forget which, but either XMMS or XINE can handle realtime radio formats like *.ram and *.m3u.
HTH,
AJG
XMMS works for me. XINE is best for streaming video (with audio). You may need to install codecs to get the latest file formats but it's not that difficult--assuming a HD install of Knoppix. Check the XMMS and XINE home sites for more info. Try also Kaffeine and Mplayer.
If you 'apt-get install streamtuner' you will get dozens of Shoutcast radio streams wich you can hear using xmms. Great program, also to record streams.
I had never seen streamtuner prior to reading this post. This is a nice app! Me likee. :) Previously I had used only xmms & rhythymbox (can you say buggy??) for streaming audio but xmms has no real way to browse the different streams available.Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar
To get all of the functionality pulsar mentions you would need to do:
apt-get update && apt-get install streamtuner streamripper
It's also possible to use 'live365' streams. http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/streamtuner/
Wonderful thing!
And with KPlayer and Win32 codecs, you can also listen to Real and WindowsMedia streams.
Yes but kplayer has a HUGE dependency known as KDE. ;)Quote:
Originally Posted by probono
(After many problems ) I managed to installed it. Does it have a tuner similar to streamtuner mentioned above?Quote:
Originally Posted by mzilikazi
Thanks everybody, letīs see if I can make it work.
Greetings, :)
Diana