Sound card problems, please help!!!
So i installed knoppix onto my hdd, but now it can't find the sound card. It worked when I ran it from the cd, but since being installed it doesn't work. I ran the soundcard configuration but can't get it to work. It autodetects ES1371 as my sound card but won't play the sample sound. I then look through the list and find my sound card (Creative SoundBlaster 128 PCI) but that doesn't work either. Could someone please help me.
Thanks.
Re: Sound card problems, please help!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredhanks
So i installed knoppix onto my hdd, but now it can't find the sound card. It worked when I ran it from the cd, but since being installed it doesn't work. I ran the soundcard configuration but can't get it to work. It autodetects ES1371 as my sound card but won't play the sample sound. I then look through the list and find my sound card (Creative SoundBlaster 128 PCI) but that doesn't work either. Could someone please help me.
Thanks.
A few "background" questions... ( I am going on a hunch that your problem is the same as what I had problems with, hopefully :D )
1 ) Are you using the OSS sound, or are you trying to get ALSA working?
2 ) What version of Knoppix are you using? ( i.e. v3.3, v3.4, etc... and if its version 3.4, which kernel; 2.4.4 or 2.6.6 ? ) try a uname -r in a Konsole window )
I was trying to get ALSA working on a Knoppix v3.4, kernel 2.6.6, and it worked fine when I used alsa cheatcode on the boot of the CD, but after I hard drive installed it, it refused to work - when I had version v3.3 with the older kernel, I could run alsa as a cheatcode on the CD boot, and after I hard drive installed it, it "inherited" alsa configured and working, fine. But this same technique doesn't work in the new version of Knoppix ( v3.4 ) anymore.
Ms. Cuddles