New Knoppix Book: Knoppix Hacks by O'reilly
See: http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/knoppixhks/index.html
Whats different about this book compared to others is, that many great Hackers of knoppix fame have contributed to that book. (including me, but I don't know if I am that great)
Have fun.
cu
Fabian
Re: New Knoppix Book: Knoppix Hacks by O'reilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabianx
imho u're great ;-) without you there whoulnt be such a nice installer script...
Other new book about Knoppix
Searching for this book in amazon.co.uk I came accross another book:
Knoppix Komplete
by Samuel Hart, Sam Hart
A little information is available here:
http://www.hentzenwerke.com/catalog/kk.htm
That is due out in 2005. There is no details there. Anyone know anything?
Tim
My review of "Knoppix Hacks" is posted
My review of "Knoppix Hacks" is posted at NewsForge.com http://www.newsforge.com/article.pl?.../11/11/1843238.
Many thanks to Kyle Rankin and O'Reilly for bringing Knoppix to the masses.
James Pryor
Re: My review of "Knoppix Hacks" is posted
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderScore
Hi James, thanks for the review.
By the way, my explanation for including the 3.4 Knoppix is in Hack #2. It was a tough call. Basically I could have included 3.6 (the latest official version) but it seemed rather unstable and at the time even things such as klik weren't working so I opted to drop back to the stablest version.
Re: My review of "Knoppix Hacks" is posted
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfly
By the way, my explanation for including the 3.4 Knoppix is in Hack #2. It was a tough call. Basically I could have included 3.6 (the latest official version) but it seemed rather unstable and at the time even things such as klik weren't working so I opted to drop back to the stablest version.
Yeah, I spotted that in the book & I agree with your choice. I figured I would mention the version just to let people know that Knoppix is included with the book.
Congrats on a job well done.
James
This book makes a great Christmas gift.
I bought this book last week. Actually I bought two. It makes a great Christmas gift for that Windows friend that is thinking about trying Linux. It comes with a copy of Knoppix. I am very impressed with all of the possibilities it brings to mind. Things that I would have never even considered are explained and made simple.
Great job!