Common "active" partitions free space?
Interesting question, considering that Knoppix v3.4 is my "first" install of using "multi-partition" for / (root), and for /home...
What, during a "normal" usage of, say, the root partition, is an acceptable free space? When should you worry, when should red flags be run up, etc... ?
I've been running v3.4, its root, on a 4.6 GB partition, for more than, I think, two months now... I seem to see the free space go down, more and more, does it ever get "reclaimed", or is this just a "spiral" down, until you crash? What "free space" value is a marker to do something?
My 4.6 GB root, has around 2.9 GB used, and just under 1.5 GB free - currently I am doing a "apt-file update" - and I am just watching the free space drop slowly. Being completely new at this "multi-partition" thing, I have nothing to base what I am doing, or seeing, on - previous install was a "single-partition" scheme. All I've seen is the root free space go down, and not much up, so my guess is, that this is going to keep going until it hits zero, someday...
Thanks for any information on this subject,
Ms. Cuddles