Knoppix 3.2 2003-03-21 released
It should be on most mirrors, and it looks great.
Code:
Changelog:
* V3.1-2003-03-21
- samba, mozilla update
- icewm, larswm update
- kismet update
- evolution, fontconfig update
- gnomemeeting downgrade (gnome2 is broken)
- gnome-pilot
- cpuburn
- dvd+rw-tools
[/code]
KNOPPIX_V3.2-2003-03-21-EN.iso doesn't work...
I dowloaded the KNOPPIX_V3.2-2003-03-21-EN.iso image last night from th source.rfc822.org mirror, and tried to use it (on two pc's), but it would not boot completely to the KDE desktop. It hangs at the KDE initialization screen, and goes no further. I did notice some error messages scroll by right after the kernel load part of the boot process.
Anyone else having an issue like this?
Dennis
German -> English Conversion
The german to English conversion does not work with knoppix-customize. I also tried using lang=us and change the default language in KDE inside kontrol but it did not change it in mozilla and openoffice.
Did Klaus make a mistake when uploading Knoppix 3.2?
P.S. if somebody knows how to change this manually throughout the entire system I would be willing to re-master it this way.
What about posting to Limewire or Kazaa?
They handle multiple sources so it may be an option...
Just a thought. I can put mine in my shared dir once I get the revision b of today's release...
Clint
Open Office Lang can't be changed...
I may be a newbie, but from what I understand the language used in Open Office can't be changed. You can only change the language of the documents you create, but that doesn't do anything for the menus and all the rest.
I mean, if I want to print right now, I have to "Drunken" my documents. :lol:
If I'm wrong guys, let me know.... but don't just say I'm wrong; post the instructions, please!
Good luck all.... :)