Knoppix 3.6 boot-from-floppy help.
I've used Knoppix since 3.1 and then I moved to 3.3 and I've never had major problems. I've just download 3.6 and surprise, surprise... It seems I cannot run any more versions of knoppix because I cannot create the floppy/ies to boot the cd.
I've got an old laptop with an external cd-player/burner and I cannot run Knoppix directly from the cd. I have not access to the bios neither. I just have windows as my main OS but I love to explore linux in my spare time (in the hope to change one day).
So please, could anybody explain in plain english the way to create the boot floppy/ies needed to run the cd, knowing that I can only use windows for the task and knowing also that I'm not a linux guru?
Thanks in advance.
Re: Knoppix 3.6 boot-from-floppy help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maltrecho
I've used Knoppix since 3.1 and then I moved to 3.3 and I've never had major problems. I've just download 3.6 and surprise, surprise... It seems I cannot run any more versions of knoppix because I cannot create the floppy/ies to boot the cd.
I've got an old laptop with an external cd-player/burner and I cannot run Knoppix directly from the cd. I have not access to the bios neither. I just have windows as my main OS but I love to explore linux in my spare time (in the hope to change one day).
So please, could anybody explain in plain english the way to create the boot floppy/ies needed to run the cd, knowing that I can only use windows for the task and knowing also that I'm not a linux guru?
Thanks in advance.
I believe that knoppix now has 2 boot disks to cover the extra USB boot support.
I'm not exatcly sure where the images are though.