The "best" video card for Knoppix.
Hey group...
I've spent the last 45 minutes researching this board and have come to the conclusion that I have no conclusion. I have a generic soyo board w/a 1.8 gig intel chip. I am currently running a radeon 9200 se (ATI) video card and it does ok...no 3d of course but thats cause I am a complete noob and have not tried to load the drivers. Being a noob isnt really the entire reason either. This board and others is full of horror stories of kernel hacks and the such that have gone terribly wrong when compiling/installing ATI video drivers. Screw it, I would just as soon just go spend a little money and buy a good card. I am completely window-less now because...well because windoze sucks on just about every level. I am not a gamer, but I would like 3d just to have it.
What are your recommendations on the perect video card for knoppix. I have 3.6 hd install on hda and yoper 2.1 on hdb. whaddaya think?
helios