Originally Posted by nishtya
As to my acquaintance well he runs redhat since that is what he works with. I, like you, am a home user and thought debian based distros (and kanotix in particular) the greatest thing since sliced bread. I don't know a lot about the development of debian but I know it has been good to me. Considering right now I think I am getting hacked here in fedora. :shock: Because it is a beta of a commercial distro for linux experts for goodness sake and I don't know what the hell I am doing in it! :?
I just don't think he understands I use linux like well, a windows user uses windows. You use the computer, you aren't interested in reverse engineering the freaking code. It would take me years and years of studying to understand it. I doubt I would get to the proficiency level I am in windows in my well, lifespan! Windows, I not only used it, I ran it...I made a living fixing it. So it is a schizoid kind of deal. In linux I am reduced to just a user. Which is fine. I am comfortable enough with debian and where to find support if I screw up too much :wink: