[SCRIPT] Install flashplugin on demand from the internet
Just thought it would be better to post it here, than to have it in the other thread. Enjoy! Comments wanted:
#
# Install flash plugin - from website - is kept if configuration is saved!
#
# GPL
#
# Author: Fabian Franz <[email protected]>
cd /tmp
wget http://macromedia.mplug.org/tarball/...er_6_linux.tar
.gz
tar xzf install_flash_player_6_linux.tar.gz
cd install_flash_player_6_linux/
mkdir -p /home/knoppix/.netscape/plugins/
mkdir -p /home/knoppix/.mozilla/plugins/
cp flashplayer.xpt libflashplayer.so /home/knoppix/.netscape/plugins/
cp flashplayer.xpt libflashplayer.so /home/knoppix/.mozilla/plugins/
cd ..
#cleanup
rm -rf install_flash_player_6_linux/
rm -f install_flash_player_6_linux.tar.gz
# scan for new plugins
nspluginscan
btw. it is also saved if you save your config to harddisk. So you will not need to install it again the next time you start with myconfig=scan or myconfig=/mnt...
cu
Fabian
Re: Flash and DVD on demand.
[original: Sa März 29, 2003 6:13 pm]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzyzx
Maybe you could create a script with a checkbox for a whole slew of stuff
DVD decss
Flash Player Mozilla
Flash Player Konqueror
Real Media Player
Mplayer
Mplayer Mozilla Plugin
Mplayer Konq Plugin
PHP4 , GD2 , MySQL
I guess I may be getting gentoo here.
DVD decss -> in mplayer
Flash Player Mozilla - OK
Flash Player Konqueror - OK
Real Media Player - not possible
Mplayer - possible with tweaking
Mplayer Mozilla Plugin - possible & easy
Mplayer Konq Plugin - possible & easy
PHP4 , GD2 , MySQL - should be possible with /etc/php.ini tweaking
Problems for the last: Dependencies needed and apt-get is due to "missing" sources-files not usable on default ... But could be possible ...
[edit:]
Seems, that I was wrong. New list follows:
DVD decss -> in mplayer, but could also be otherwise possible.
Flash Player Mozilla - OK
Flash Player Konqueror - OK
Real Media Player - seems actually to be possible, will test soon. [edit2: Easily possible! Only plugin needs tweaking]
Mplayer - possible with tweaking (tweaking? at least with marillats packages I have a really high bunch of dependencies to even get the elf-file running, but heh now it works, and I'm still on CD :-)) )
Mplayer Mozilla/Konq Plugin - possible & easy -> It is not! Only with root chaning /etc/profile and /etc/ld.so.conf can it be possible, but I'm stuck here. Another solution is to compile it on the fly and hardcode path of mplayer :-)) (did I tell you that I know the mplayerplug-in code and am contributor ? ;-) )
PHP4 , GD2 , MySQL - should be possible with /etc/php.ini tweaking, will look into this later ...
UPDATE! (on my local copy)
DVD decss -> in mplayer
Flash Player Mozilla - OK
Flash Player Konqueror - OK
Real Media Player - OK
Mplayer - OK
Mplayer Mozilla Plugin - OK
Mplayer Konq Plugin - OK
PHP4 , GD2 , MySQL - not tried yet
Hm, I begin to like this multimedia-knoppix!
I'll think about it! - More!
cu
Fabian
PS: Just sent my debian-packet to Klaus. I wonder what he will say :-)
[edit: still now answer ... :-/]
Another place for finding about plugins
Open Mozilla and go under Help menu at top. Look in that menu for "About Plug-ins.
On the plug-ins list page, look top center under the page title for the plugindoc.mozdev.org link and click it.
Look at top center of following page, for the processor platform and click it, such as "plugindocs: | Linux x86 |."
Look for the plugin you which to configure.
Re: Flash and DVD on demand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabianx
UPDATE! (on my local copy)
DVD decss -> in mplayer
Flash Player Mozilla - OK
Flash Player Konqueror - OK
Real Media Player - OK
Mplayer - OK
Mplayer Mozilla Plugin - OK
Mplayer Konq Plugin - OK
PHP4 , GD2 , MySQL - not tried yet
Hm, I begin to like this multimedia-knoppix!
I'll think about it! - More!
cu
Fabian
PS: Just sent my debian-packet to Klaus. I wonder what he will say :-)
[edit: still now answer ... :-/]
Fabianx,
I realize this is an old post, but I am curious as to the status of the multimedia stuff. When you say you sent your debian packed to Klaus, I presume you mean the flash installer (which has been available for some time now). Did you script the other things listed as well? Mplayer etc? If so, will this installer one day make it into Knoppix? As always your work on Knoppix is of high quality and highly appreciated.
Adam