I am trying to use Knoppix (3.3 or 3.6) to clone a HD to a new one.
I also am having trouble booting using my Knoppix 3.3diskm which has worked like a charm previously.
I have downloaded the ISO for 3.6, burned it to a CD but haven't tried it yet.
I have some directions for the cloning, I am not a programmer, but familiar with working with command line environment, and am unsure exactly how to "relate" to the HD ID's or get to the proper prompt to enter the command(s).
I have a SCSI system. ATM, I have the "old" drive and the "to be cloned to" drive installed, and being seen by Windows.
On recent attempt to reboot with the 3.3 disk in the drive, it didn't ever fully start Knoppix. I have 384MB RAM. Does Knoppix have HD space requirements? I thought not, but am not sure.
If anyone can help me progress towards getting my borrowed drive cloned to my "new" refurbished drive, back from Seagate, my life could go on. *g*
TIA.
dj
