flonix usb 1.0 the usb desktop
:idea: Imagine a nomad desktop, with your OS, your favorite apps, your datas, compatible with ms windows file formats and windows apps with crossover office, all in a tiny USB flash drive :
it's flonix usb edition 1.0 :!:
I've bought one and I'me very happy with it, it works fine (some older computers need the boot cd provided).
Re: flonux usb 1.0 the usb desktop
Quote:
Originally Posted by juklkj
......Ive bought one and I'me very happy with it, .....
I do have my doubts that you bought one, your post looks more like it came from the person making and selling these. Is there any reason to believe that this distro is any better or different than the many freely available small live linux distros that a lot of people have put effort into making freely available as downloads that users can install to their own USB devices? Ones that will not set people back an extra 30 euro?
Re: http://www.flonix.net/
Quote:
Originally Posted by probono
Flonix is not available for download, only for purchase and people are already discussing whether this is a violation of the GPL.
http://www.flonix.net/ <-- Stolen Code Debates
Greetings,
probono
Source code of GPL soft seem to be available : http://www.flonix.com/article.php?id_article=66
It was ok for me.
Re: flonux usb 1.0 the usb desktop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Kuhman
Quote:
Originally Posted by juklkj
......Ive bought one and I'me very happy with it, .....
I do have my doubts that you bought one, your post looks more like it came from the person making and selling these. Is there any reason to believe that this distro is any better or different than the many freely available small live linux distros that a lot of people have put effort into making freely available as downloads that users can install to their own USB devices? Ones that will not set people back an extra 30 euro?
with 30 euro (now 29.90 - 36.90 when I bought it), I've also my new USB 2.0 drive, so it's cheap.
The desktop is easier to use than other "live USB" and the system is really faster, incredibly faster. It's why I'm happy with it :)
Re: flonux usb 1.0 the usb desktop
Quote:
Originally Posted by juklkj
with 30 euro (now 29.90 - 36.90 when I bought it), I've also my new USB 2.0 drive, so it's cheap.
The desktop is easier to use than other "live USB" and the system is really faster, incredibly faster. It's why I'm happy with it :)
No wonder you're happy if you are the one who sells it ;)