after knoppix-installer in 3.7
Have you noticed that you can't login as root anymore from the login screen after a hdd install? Right after knoppix-installer terminates, I usually reboot without the liveCD and edit /etc/lilo.conf and run to set up a dual boot, run netcardconfig and update-rc.d ssh defaults as root. In 3.6 you login via the KDM screen (GUI) and run kate to edit lilo.conf and then open a shell to run netcardconfig and update. Now I have to login on a console screen as root and startx to do the same thing. root isn't even listed as a user anymore on the KDM login! Why is that?
Regards,
AJG
Question sorry I'm a NooB
Hello Everyone
My question is regarding the edit of /etc/kde3/kdm/kdmrc, perfect I see the file and I know It can't be saved on the BOOT from CD Option because the RAMDrive can't be modified so how can I make the OS look for my version of this file I mean I've already run the HOME SETTINGS WIZZARD on my USB Flash drive but I wouldn't know where to put it or how to make knoppix look for it when it it booting
I'd really appreciate your help, I love this OS but I admit I'm having trouble getting root access (damn login option)
Thanks