Re: Error after Hdd install
Quote:
Originally Posted by francisgirard
Hi All :-)
I am also experiencing a similar problem after installing to Hdd using the Knoppix-installer which comes with the KNOPPIX_V3.7-2004-12-08-EN.iso (MD5 checksum passed)
Francis, I think you are in the wrong thread. You seem to be describing a different issue. Unless you are seeing the specific errors described by twistedalpha at the opening of this thread then you are not experiencing the problem we are discussing here. The errors are:
umount : devfs : not mounted
mount : fs type devfs not supported by kernel
umount : devfs : not mounted
pivot_root : No such file or directory
/sbin/init : 426 : cannot open dev/console : no such file
Kernel panic : Attempted to kill init!
Do you see these "devfs" errors and then the kernel panic?
Re: Error after Hdd install
Quote:
Originally Posted by francisgirard
No I do not have the exact same error messages which you (in another thread) and twistedalpha are mentioning, and you are right that it might have been better to open a complete new thread for it in this case...
err :x .. if u can please help me