Installing Knoppix3.7 as a second O/S to XP, doesent seem po
:?: Canīt install Knoppix 3.7 om my laptop? I have tryed to make diffrent partitions like "primary ext3, logical ext3, logical fat32 etc" but when i use the installcommand "knoppix-installer" it says: "Canīt write to harddrive". And when i try: "IGNORE_CHECK=1 sudo knoppix-installer" i get error msg like: "Formatting of failed. Some messages from mkf.s.ext3: Usage: ext3 etc.....".
I have WinXP SP2 on my first partition and i really need this to be able to dual boot really zoon. Please help me if you know how.
Re: Installing Knoppix3.7 as a second O/S to XP, doesent see
Quote:
Originally Posted by stromhu
:?: Canīt install Knoppix 3.7 om my laptop? I have tryed to make diffrent partitions like "primary ext3, logical ext3, logical fat32 etc" but when i use the installcommand "knoppix-installer" it says: "Canīt write to harddrive". And when i try: "IGNORE_CHECK=1 sudo knoppix-installer" i get error msg like: "Formatting of failed. Some messages from mkf.s.ext3: Usage: ext3 etc.....".
I have WinXP SP2 on my first partition and i really need this to be able to dual boot really zoon. Please help me if you know how.
Did you try the poor man install: boot from iso being inside the xp ntfs... Have a look at these:
http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Win_Partition
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11796
It works on all my configs, Good luck, Gilles