Error customising Knoppix 3.7
What I am trying to do is add the mmls program to Knoppix 3.7
I was following the Knoppix customising instructions at:
http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Knoppix_Remastering_Howto
I removed the Open office package and then copied the mmls file into the knx\source\KNOPPIX\bin directory.
I was at the following step:
Now we'll make the big KNOPPIX file which is a cloop compressed ISO 9660 filesystem : mkisofs -R -U -V "KNOPPIX.net filesystem" -publisher "KNOPPIX www.knoppix.net" -hide-rr-moved -cache-inodes -no-bak -pad /mnt/hda1/knx/source/KNOPPIX | nice -5 /usr/bin/create_compressed_fs - 65536 > /mnt/hda1/knx/master/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX
I get to:
[ 9] Block # 24577 size 65536 -> 8287 [compression ratio 12% overall 37%]
Killed
Does anyone know why the build is killing itself and stopping (I have tried it twice)? Is there a better meathod to add the mmls function (the file is only ~200 k).
Thanks.
-Saint
Re: Error customising Knoppix 3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint0453
I get to:
[ 9] Block # 24577 size 65536 -> 8287 [compression ratio 12% overall 37%]
Killed
Does anyone know why the build is killing itself and stopping (I have tried it twice)? Is there a better meathod to add the mmls function (the file is only ~200 k).
Thanks.
-Saint
Do you have the required RAM and swap space (1 GB or more)? If yes, had you forgot to enable swap space before starting compression?
Check and reply..
Problems with remaster 3.7 - Dont boot properly!
I'm having a problem with my remaster. The case is this:
I followed this how to http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Knoppix_Remastering_Howto
My Knoppix version is 3.7, and Iīm booting from kernel 2.6 to build my image.
The image is created normally but when i boot the new image, the boot process stop with the message that system was unable to find the filesystem. The prompt is limited and I canīt do anything.
Can someone help-me ???
Problems with remaster 3.7 - Dont boot properly!
I'm having a problem with my remaster. The case is this:
I followed this how to http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Knoppix_Remastering_Howto
My Knoppix version is 3.7, and Iīm booting from kernel 2.6 to build my image.
The image is created normally but when i boot the new image, the boot process stop with the message that system was unable to find the filesystem. The prompt is limited and I canīt do anything.
Can someone help-me ???
Re: Problems with remaster 3.7 - Dont boot properly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by molina
The image is created normally but when i boot the new image, the boot process stop with the message that system was unable to find the filesystem. The prompt is limited and I canīt do anything.
Can someone help-me ???
Have you changed the name of KNOPPIX filesystem to anythiing else? If yes then this is the problem. If not, can you post the command you gave to make the compressed filesystem?