Cannot boot when harddisk with NTFS is plugged
Hi all !
i've just installed the fresh-new Knoppix 3.8.1. It boots correctly, but not on a laptop. A Toshiba Satellite Pro. When removing harddisk, it boots.
With harddisk plugged, it hangs on "Scanning for Harddisk partitions and creating /etc/fstab ..." and never came back ...
Without, it simply works perfect. On all the other machine i tried, harddisk were plugged. The only difference is that only the Toshiba has NTFS partitions ...
As there's some new features for NTFS in this release, think it's due to this.
Can anybody help me booting without unplugging the harddisk?
Thanks.
Re: Cannot boot when HDD is plugged
Quote:
Originally Posted by lissyx
On all the other machine i tried, harddisk were plugged. The only difference is that only the Toshiba has NTFS partitions ....
I don't quite know what "harddisk were plugged" means, but I strongly suspect there are more differences in those systems than the Toshiba having NTFS partitions (starting with the others are apparently not even Toshibas). I don't think it has anythig to do with NTFS partitions. You might want to read this recent thread: Boots on 1 PC but not on the other ???
Re: Cannot boot when HDD is plugged
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Kuhman
Quote:
Originally Posted by lissyx
On all the other machine i tried, harddisk were plugged. The only difference is that only the Toshiba has NTFS partitions ....
I don't quite know what "
harddisk were plugged" means, but I strongly suspect there are more differences in those systems than the Toshiba having NTFS partitions (starting with the others are apparently not even Toshibas). I don't think it has anythig to do with NTFS partitions. You might want to read this recent thread:
Boots on 1 PC but not on the other ???
it simply means that harddisks were present during boot.
With Knoppix 3.7, this laptop was booting correctly. All i know i that on all the other machines, partitions are either ext3 or fat32, but as far as i remember none is NTFS. (and i can't check for now).
Thanks for the link, but it didn't help me ...
checksum is good, and the Knoppix CD is directly on network using NFS, and a mount -o loop :)
And you're right, the other are not even Toshibas ... The Toshiba is a laptop, not the others ...
And here is my commandline in PXEGrub :
(nd)/boot/knoppix-vmlinuz nfsdir=192.168.0.3:/partage/knoppix-cd/ nodhcp lang=fr desktop=kde vga=792 ramdisk_size=100000 BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix
Update (12 april, 14:33 Paris, France) :
I've just checked, on another machine with a 40Go harddisk, with ext3/fat32 partitions, there is no problem !
Err ... The ASUS has also FAT32 ... and boots correctly ..