Cant connect to the internet
Hey guys,
Ive got the new Knoppix 3.8.1 Live CD and Im having a few problems connecting to the internet, ive got an NTL Broadband cable modem which is hooked up to an Actiontec wireless router. I tried to configure it but didnt have any luck, so i was wondering if maybe you guys could help me?
Someone did tell me to download a Linux driver for my NIC, but i checked on the Actiontec website and it appears that they do not do any for Linux... so i dont know what to do...
Re: Cant connect to the internet
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyskate
....which is hooked up to an Actiontec wireless router. .......
Are you trying to connect through a wireless link or through a standard wired ethernet connection? If wired I'm surprised that you're having any problems. You might want to post what ifconfig is telling you, and you might try sudo mii-tool -r and then netcardconfig from a shell. If you're trying to get a wireles card working, well, good luck. I've found Linux supprt to be very poor for many of these cards. You might want to search the forums for other cards that have worked for people (they should still connect fine to your router). You might look for instructions for a "wrapper" that, in theory, might let you use windows drivers under Knoppix. But I would suggest trying to jack directly in with an ethernet cable first.