NOT SUPPORTED NETWORK CARDS FOUND - Knoppix 3.8.1
Hi..., I'm a new knoppix user, and I has been working with Kn 3.4, but I created a boot CD with the version 3.8.1 with yhe K3b software y works fine, my problem is that I can conect to internet, the message that show at subject is the message that knoppix send me when I want to configure my ethernet card in Knoppix menu
WHAT CAN I DO ? :cry:
Re: NOT SUPPORTED NETWORK CARDS FOUND - Knoppix 3.8.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzalezmfrank
Hi..., I'm a new knoppix user, and I has been working with Kn 3.4, but I created a boot CD with the version 3.8.1 with yhe K3b software y works fine, my problem is that I can conect to internet, the message that show at subject is the message that knoppix send me when I want to configure my ethernet card in Knoppix menu
WHAT CAN I DO ? :cry:
Mi ethernet card is : intel 855x-based ethernet PCI (10/100)
IRQ = 22
NOT SUPPORTED NETWORK CARD FOUND - Knoppix 3.8.1
0000:00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corp. 82865G/PE/P DRAM Controller/Host-Hub Interface (rev 02)
Subsystem: Intel Corp. 82865G/PE/P DRAM Controller/Host-Hub Interface
Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
Memory at f8000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=64M]
Capabilities: [e4] #09 [0106]
Capabilities: [a0] AGP version 3.0
0000:00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corp. 82865G/PE/P PCI to AGP Controller (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
Flags: bus master, 66MHz, fast devsel, latency 32
Bus: primary=00, secondary=01, subordinate=01, sec-latency=32
Memory behind bridge: fc000000-fdffffff
Prefetchable memory behind bridge: f0000000-f7ffffff
0000:00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) USB UHCI #1 (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
Subsystem: Intel Corp.: Unknown device 4c43
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 16
I/O ports at cc00 [size=32]
0000:00:1d.1 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) USB UHCI #2 (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
Subsystem: Intel Corp.: Unknown device 4c43
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 19
I/O ports at d000 [size=32]
0000:00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) USB UHCI #3 (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
Subsystem: Intel Corp.: Unknown device 4c43
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 18
I/O ports at d400 [size=32]
0000:00:1d.3 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) USB UHCI #4 (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
Subsystem: Intel Corp.: Unknown device 4c43
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 16
I/O ports at d800 [size=32]
0000:00:1d.7 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) USB2 EHCI Controller (rev 02) (prog-if 20 [EHCI])
Subsystem: Intel Corp.: Unknown device 4c43
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 23
Memory at fe300000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1K]
Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 2
Capabilities: [58] #0a [20a0]
0000:00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corp. 82801 PCI Bridge (rev c2) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
Bus: primary=00, secondary=02, subordinate=02, sec-latency=32
I/O behind bridge: 0000b000-0000bfff
Memory behind bridge: fe000000-fe2fffff
0000:00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corp. 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) LPC Bridge (rev 02)
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0
0000:00:1f.1 IDE interface: Intel Corp. 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) Ultra ATA 100 Storage Controller (rev 02) (prog-if 8a [Master SecP PriP])
Subsystem: Intel Corp.: Unknown device 4c43
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 18
I/O ports at <unassigned>
I/O ports at <unassigned>
I/O ports at <unassigned>
I/O ports at <unassigned>
I/O ports at ffa0 [size=16]
Memory at 20000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1K]
0000:00:1f.2 IDE interface: Intel Corp. 82801EB (ICH5) Serial ATA 150 Storage Controller (rev 02) (prog-if 8f [Master SecP SecO PriP PriO])
Subsystem: Intel Corp.: Unknown device 4c43
Flags: bus master, 66MHz, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 18
I/O ports at ec00 [size=8]
I/O ports at e800 [size=4]
I/O ports at e400 [size=8]
I/O ports at e000 [size=4]
I/O ports at dc00 [size=16]
0000:00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corp. 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) SMBus Controller (rev 02)
Subsystem: Intel Corp.: Unknown device 4c43
Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 3
I/O ports at c800 [size=32]
0000:00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corp. 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 02)
Subsystem: Intel Corp.: Unknown device e002
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 17
Memory at fe300400 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512]
Memory at fe300800 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256]
Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 2
0000:01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV11 [GeForce2 MX/MX 400] (rev b2) (prog-if 00 [VGA])
Flags: bus master, 66MHz, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 11
Memory at fc000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16M]
Memory at f0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=128M]
Expansion ROM at fd000000 [disabled] [size=64K]
Capabilities: [60] Power Management version 2
Capabilities: [44] AGP version 2.0
0000:02:01.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corp. 82557/8/9 [Ethernet Pro 100] (rev 08)
Subsystem: Unknown device 0009:000c
Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 22
Memory at fe200000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
I/O ports at bc00 [size=64]
Memory at fe000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1M]
Expansion ROM at fe100000 [disabled] [size=1M]
Capabilities: [dc] Power Management version 2
0000:02:02.0 Multimedia audio controller: Ensoniq ES1370 [AudioPCI] (rev 01)
Subsystem: Unknown device 4942:4c4c
Flags: bus master, slow devsel, latency 32, IRQ 17
I/O ports at b800 [size=64]
Here the result of lspci -v
I ran the program that you said but the message is as the subject
thanks...... frank
NOT SUPPORTED NETCARD CARDS FOUND - knoppix 3.8.1
thanks a lot.... it works.....it persistent ?...... if the answer is no.... how can i do that module persistent in my configuration... the another quiestion is....I saw that in 3.8.1 root is disable to startup, how can i make rot enable for root
NOT SUPPORTED NETWORK CARDS FOUND - Knoppix 3.8.1
Markus.
I know you said, in Knoppix 3.4 (my installed old version ), permits me to login like root and with a diferent user, in that version of knoppix I had to execute "netcardconfig" to start eth0, this is my actual problem. In Knoppix 3.8 the situation is the same, and I really don't like to do it each time
Thanks a lot..... Frank
NOT SUPPORTED NETWORK CARDS FOUND - Knoppix 3.8.1
I don't like to manage the bootmisc.sh..... is too deep to me.
But if I run "modconf" and select eepro100, for my netcard...... it configure all the next sessions ? or i have to execute "modconf" each session ?
If I run "update-modules", It make the change permanent ?
I can believe that exist a way to recognize and up the card without the comands by user..... but how i said at the begining ... i am a new user
NOT SUPPORTED NETWORK CARDS FOUND - Knoppix 3.8.1
IT WORKS ..... thanks a lot.... with modconf is easy and persistent..... in fact if you know which module you have to load first