Problem Restoring Settings
I'm attempting to store and later recover my printer settings. I've used KNOPPIX->Configure->Save KNOPPIX configuration and saved the information on a floppy disk. This puts configs.tbz and knoppix.sh on the disk. Upon completion of this write, there is a message saying that I can reinstall these files by using the cheat codes: "knoppix myconfig=/mnt/auto/floppy" or "knoppix myconfig=scan". However, when I reboot, the first cheat code causes the system to hang up. There is an error message to the effect that "mnt" or whatever, isn't open. With the second code, the load continues, but the previous configuration of the printer isn't loaded. When I use either of these cheat codes, the light on the floppy drive comes on indicating that it's trying to read the floppy.
As a newbie, I haven't a clue as to what to do now. Please help!
Hot to do blind reboot with myconfig=scan
So,
after one has succesfully saved the Configuration to the Persistent directory, what should be done in order to do a blind reboot. You say that we need to type myconfig=scan or better myconfig=/dev/hda?. What if we need to do unattentend reboot ?
Nasos