Bootup error messages -AND- No internet connection
Hello all,
This is my first experience with Knoppix and this forum, so please excuse my ignorance!
When I boot up using my Knoppix 3.9 Live CD, everything seems to be fine until the following appears immediately after "USB found, managed by hotplug.":
Firewire found, managed by hotplug: (Re-)scanning devices... Done.
modprobe: FATAL: Could not read '/lib/modules/2.6.11/kernal/drives/input/evdev.ko': Not a directory
modprobe: FATAL: Could not read '/lib/modules/2.6.11/kernal/drives/input/evdev.ko': Not a directory
Autoconfiguring devices... Done.
I don't have any firewire devices and after Knoppix finishes loading I can't get to the internet.
I have broadband service via cable modem (Motorola Surfboard SB100). It in turn is connected to a router (Linksys WRT54GS). It in turn is connected to my PC via an ethernet card (Microsoft MN-130). This configuration works with Windows XP Home Edition just fine.
What do I do to begin resolving this problem?
Thanks.