Noobe - how to run cd image from hd
Hi folks,
Another noobe here. I'm sure this has been asked and answered before but I'm being overwhelmed with new terminology.
Before I make the partitioning and installation plunge I'd like to run the cd image for a while, but from hd for speed. When I look at my boot floppy and startup sequence I see:
Loading vmlinuz (no extension)
Loading miniroot.gz
Can I just write a batch file that points to these and then to the cd image on my hd? Then exit to DOS, run the batch file and go?
What's the difference between saving Knoppix config on the boot floppy and "persistent home"?
Batch file for boot prompt?
I think what you want is to be able to display the boot prompt. Perhaps a modified batch file can do this.Have not tried this and I am not sure it would work because of the loadlin.exe. I think loadlin is programmed to go through the boot process without going thru the boot prompt?
Any comments?