Need a complete list of non-free included packages
Hello,
I want to create a localized version of Knoppix, however reading EULA of knoppix I understand that the LiveCD can not be redestributed before all the non-free packages will be removed or their licenses will be checked.
Because I'm not a lawer (and I don't have one) I'd prefare remove any non-GPL/non-free packages from the CD in order to prevent any kind of unpleasent issues in the future and not enforce me to check the licenses of all non-GPL packeges. I've searched the web and hadn't found any list of non-GPL software only message that they exists.
If someone can direct me to such kind of list it will help me a lot.
Thanks,
Artik
Re: Need a complete list of non-free included packages
Quote:
Originally Posted by artik
Because I'm not a lawer (and I don't have one) I'd prefare remove any non-GPL/non-free packages from the CD in order to prevent any kind of unpleasent issues in the future and not enforce me to check the licenses of all non-GPL packeges.
I understand your point very well because I had to remove libdvdcss2 from my remastering about a year ago (copyright law changed in Finland). Better to be sure because no-one want to go to the court.
But If you have only those packages tha are in original Knoppix, you don't have to bother. This has been discussed many times in debian-knoppix mailing list, see e.g. http://lists.debian.org/debian-knopp.../msg00020.html, read and relax yourself :)
-tapsa-