Can't install Knoppix 5.1.1 with installer
I've downloaded the ISO for knoppix5.1.1 and made a good cd, which checks out fine on md5sum. The command "knoppix-installer" wouldn't work on the startup screen, so I went into the GUI and did it there. The installer came up, but I couldn't install knoppix to my computer because a window came up saying I didn't meet the system requirements. It said to make sure I had the right-sized partitions and all that.
I know that I have plenty of memory (768mb) and harddrive space (2 partitions with 40gb each and a 217mb swap). The window also gave me a command to bypass that menu, but it didn't do a thing. I have windows xp on the first partition and Knoppix 5.0.1 on the other. Can anyone help me on this? I'm crippled and can't install knoppix unless I fix this. Thanks.
I can't even find the installer
Installation is mentioned in the FAQs and I see several threads here mentioning problems with the installer. I've got the DVD. The downloaded iso had the correct md5sum as does the DVD.
The menu has about a million entries and I had hoped that "installer" was mentioned in there somewhere but I can't find it. There is a host of "Samsung" icons on the desktop but no installer. I checked out the boot options before booting and there is nothing in there about installing.
How do I run the installer? :oops: