Video driver falls back to VESA
Since yesterday when I boot knoppix 6.2 X starts with intel driver, show half black screen and half my desktop horizontally divided, then X restarts using vesa driver. No change has been done to the system.I only used the usb stick on another laptop and since then this occurs.
Does anyone have any idea what could have made this happen. I have booted successfully on other machines a few times before without any problems afterwards
SOLVED - Thanks to Krishna
Thank you Krishna - that worked. I booted using knoppix xmodule=intel and the second boot was just fine with no codes. Thanks a lot, I am relieved :D. I did not back up lately and were going to loose a lot of changes if it wasn't for your help
It would be interesting to know, what exactly does knoppix remember, so it might be cleaned manually