How to read the Log file of booting sequence when Knoppix can't boot?
I have a longstanding problem with Knoppix, which does not boot in my HCL laptop. I have tried versions from 5.0.1 to 7.0.4, but none can boot, either from CD/DVD or from hard drive using grub&cheatcode.
I don't know where it gets stuck.
Sure, a log file can tell.
But how to read that log file when the system can't boot? Can these operations be performed in a virtual machine, and is it then possible to read the log file?
This, I hope, is an interesting question, and I hope, will interest many.
How to read the Log file of booting sequence when Knoppix can't boot?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werner P. Schulz
boot: knoppix vga=0 debug -b 3
...Each time the message output stops, you can scroll some lines with "Shift PgUp/PgDown"
I should have written exactly where the script stops. Then the time wasted in above messages would have been saved. I am sorry. The script stops at init 5, just after displaying the Tux in Vitruvian pose. init 6 works, and shuts down the system.
2 Attachment(s)
The display cards of laptop and desktop
What I find is that the concerned graphics cards' chipsets are different. Perhaps this is why Knoppix can't boot into graphical display.
Maybe future versions will, I hope!
Thank you for information
I thank you for the information. Actually, this option was earlier available to desktops with add-on cards.
I recall that my circle of ignorance is infinitely larger than my circle of knowledge!
On this note I would like to end this thread.
Thank you once again!