Request Info regarding current menu items for Knoppix 6.2.1 etc/apt/sources.list
Dear Mods and members,
I have a very old laptop of 2006 which is still in prestine condition and runs best in Knoppix 6.2.1. Later versions slow it down.
Of late I realised that I need to update the /etc/apt/sources.list to include certain packages. However, Debian Lenny has since moved to Archive. I would need to change the sources.list entries. Lenny archive is straightforward. Security info and line is bit complicated, I can't implement it.
Please advise.
Regards
Some VITAL INFO for Installation of Old Knoppix in old computers (go till end!)
Read till the end:
My current sources.list:
Code:
# Debian/Lenny is the stable base for this installation.
# For update of key, apt-get install debian-archive-keyring
deb http://archive.debian.org/debian/ lenny contrib main non-free
deb http://archive.debian.org/debian-security lenny/updates main contrib non-free
# testing/unstable/experimental contain newer versions, but
# packages from there are not being installed by default, unless
# they came from there in the first place.
deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian squeeze main contrib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates main contrib non-free
deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian wheezy main contrib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates main contrib non-free
deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian jessie main contrib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org/ jessie/updates main contrib non-free
# Debian/volatile contains quickly changing data like spam- and virusfilter databases
# deb http://volatile.debian.org/debian-volatile stable/volatile main contrib non-free
# Knoppix repository
# deb http://debian-knoppix.alioth.debian.org ./
My /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/70debconf file:
Code:
// Pre-configure all packages with debconf before they are installed.
// If you don't like it, comment it out.
// DPkg::Pre-Install-Pkgs {"/usr/sbin/dpkg-preconfigure --apt || true";};
APT::Cache::Limit "100000000";
Code:
apt-get clean && apt-get update --fix-missing
yields:
Code:
Get:1 http://archive.debian.org lenny Release.gpg [1034B]
Get:2 http://ftp.de.debian.org squeeze Release.gpg [1655B]
.........
and 500 lines blah blah ...
W: Unable to munmap
E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.
Increased the apt size to 100000000 in 70debconf, removed comment:
Code:
// DPkg::Pre-Install-Pkgs {"/usr/sbin/dpkg-preconfigure --apt || true";};
APT::Cache::Limit "200000000";
from 70debconf . Result:
Code:
apt-get clean && apt-get: update --fix-missing
Err http://archive.debian.org lenny Release.gpg
Cannot initiate the connection to archive.debian.org:80 (2607:f8f0:610:4000:6564:a62:ce0c:137e). - connect (101: Network is unreachable) [IP: 2607:f8f0:610:4000:6564:a62:ce0c:137e 80]
...
and 1000 blah blah ...
Nothing appeared to work, grrrrr ...:mad: http://knoppix.net/forum/images/icons/icon8.png
Lastly, I found that
Code:
APT::Cache::Limit "100000000";
was actually to be:
Code:
APT::Cache-Limit "100000000";
:twisted: