Heiko: how to load usb-storage manually:
Hello Heiko,
I saw you post on knoppix.net and would like to ask you a question:
How do you load usb-storage manually? I have a Knoppix hard disk installed laptop with UHCI and usbviewer has detected the hub. I don't have usb-storage in my /proc/bus/usb. I can't do a make menuconfig as suggested by linux-usb.org because I don't know which directory I am supposed to it, plus I don't know how to recompile the kernel. I can't get any devices other than the hub to appeeat in usbviewer.When trying with a scanner, using dmesg I get errors about the USB devices not accepting the new address.
Please help. Thanks,
Frank
Re: Heiko: how to load usb-storage manually:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cputoaster
Hello Heiko,
I saw you post on knoppix.net and would like to ask you a question:
How do you load usb-storage manually? I have a Knoppix hard disk installed laptop with UHCI and usbviewer has detected the hub. I don't have usb-storage in my /proc/bus/usb. I can't do a make menuconfig as suggested by linux-usb.org because I don't know which directory I am supposed to it, plus I don't know how to recompile the kernel. I can't get any devices other than the hub to appeeat in usbviewer.When trying with a scanner, using dmesg I get errors about the USB devices not accepting the new address.
Please help. Thanks,
Frank
To load manually as root modprobe usb-storage the module should already be on the system to have it load every time on boot edit the file /etc/modules and add the usb-storage on a line by itself this also done as root.