XP Block: Sys files in the way.
XP box. Using 10G out of a 30G HD. I defragg'd the HD, but still have some files or fragments right at the tail end so that qtparted and ntfsresize only seem to be able to reduce by a meagre 0.6G. Just about enough for a Knoppix SWAP, but that's all.
So what can be done? Find a way to move these system files to somewhere near the middle of the disk? I'm stuck.
Strictly this is not about Knoppix, it's clearly a NTFS and windows problem, but obviously it's in the way of my getting Knoppix on the HD.
Anyone found a similar situation? Help appreciated. Thanks.
Re: XP Block: Sys files in the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facteur
Anyone found a similar situation? Help appreciated. Thanks.
I'm in the exact same situation. Just found this, haven't tried it yet (seems as though goba's link, at the bottom of the page, helped your man).
Regards.
--EDIT: Be careful - as far as I can see, Partition Manager can only manage FAT partitions!!! Please do let me know if you find a solution.