Now i get the patches for the mct_u232 module, but i have a problem to install the new compiled modules.
If i copy the compiled module over the old module, i will get the error message that the module cannot be load. After recover to the old module the driver will load without problems, but without the patch! :cry:
1. I get the patches for the mct_u232 module.
2. I get the kernel sources with apt-get.
3. I use the original knoppix configuration from /boot.
4. Compile without problems with make-kpkg
5. Make the kernel package with make-kpkg kernel_image.
6. Install the generated package with dpkg.
7. Try to generate the modules package with make-kpkg modules_image.
:x
I will get the following output:
--- output begin ---
for module in ; do \
if test -d $module; then \
(cd $module; \
if ./debian/rules KVERS="2.4.22" KSRC="/usr/src/
kernel-source-2.4.22" \
KMAINT="Klaus Knopper"
KEMAIL="
[email protected]" \
KPKG_DEST_DIR="/usr/src/kernel-source-2.4.22/.."
\
KPKG_MAINTAINER="Klaus Knopper" \
KDREV="10.00.Custom" kdist_image; then \
echo "Module $module processed fine"; \
else \
echo "Module $module failed."; \
echo "Hit return to Continue"; \
read ans; \
fi; \
); \
fi; \
done
--- output end ---
How do i have to install the module?
Thankx,
mgsimon