Updated Overclockix iso's
The remaster Overclockix has gone through a small update. At its core, its still a Knoppix 3.2-based remaster, but the IM clients all work now, and it still features openoffice 1.1, firebird, opera, eterm, aterm, ncftp, ogle, xcdroast, folding@home, seti@home, prime95, memtest, cpuburn, lucifer, karamba, wm32codecs and mplayer; also java, flash, and mplayer plugins for the browsers.
New in this release are the addition of amsn, bittorrent, gFTP, and ripperX. As always, overclockix's custom desktops glow with eye candy, and the kmenu still shows a few leftover programs that have been removed. Konqueror complains now and then but seems functionally sound.
In addition to Nforce2 and kt400 chipset drivers, I have also added the canterwood 3c2000 NIC driver. Someone has just requested a kt600 NIC driver and that should be included by the end of the week.
Now the folding@home init scripts will launch a second folding instance if 2 CPU's are deteced. A vncserver is set to run at startup. And some minor adjustments to the hdd-install scripts and knoppix-autoconfig scripts have been made.
This is a relatively minor update. I hope to remaster the Gentoo-based Jollix customization and the Knoppix 3.3-based customization, ClusterKnoppix. For both I would be adding some desktop/multimedia-type apps, a little bit of eye-candy, some stress testers and distributed computing clients, and any other utilities I find to be vital.
http://overclockix.octeams.com