Knoppix Version 3.4 Released
It appears version 3.4 has been released.
* V3.4-2004-05-03 (experimental)
- switched from syslinux to isolinux (no emulation) boot method
- Kernel 2.4.26 (default) and Kernel 2.6.5 (as boot option)
with ACPI enabled (use knoppix acpi=off in case of problems,
knoppix26 to try Kernel 2.6)
- New wireless drivers for: ipw2100 ("Centrino"(TM)), madwifi, hostap
- captive-ntfs installer
- live-installer by Fabian Franz
- KDE 3.2.2
- kdevelop3
- OpenOffice 1.1.1 (german and english)
- gimp 2.0
- Had to remove the entire latex system (101MB) because of space reasons
- Removed KOffice for the same reason
- /dev/modem setup tool supporting serial, USB, bluetooth and irda devices
- gprs connection tool
- lots of improvements in the hardware detection and new boot options, please
check knoppix-cheatcodes.txt.
Download using bittorrent, tracker at http://torrent.unix-ag.uni-kl.de:6969/
Remember: Leave your bittorrent client running after the download is finished!
Knopper.net is down on port 80, but https still works. If you are having trouble downloading, try this list of mirrors :
https://www.knopper.net/knoppix-mirrors/?lang=en
or you can get knoppix sent to you on cd from these vendors :
https://www.knopper.net/knoppix-vend...dex-new-en.php
Links for downloading via other p2p networks like edonkey
Here are the links if you want to download using other p2p networks like edonkey/gnutella/kazaa etc.
Gnutella
magnet:?xt=urn:sha1:HSKNSU6D57XW7A6Y...4-05-04-EN.iso
edonkey
ed2k://|file|KNOPPIX_V3.4-2004-05-04-EN.iso|729880576|93356e4d37bf7301cf800fbabcb3e3fc|
Kazaa/grokster/imesh
sig2dat://|File: KNOPPIX_V3.4-2004-05-04-EN.iso|Length: 729880576 Bytes, 712774KB|UUHash: =pXEQz/qtyruR10lkr1NSPH+Icpc=|
----------------------------------------------------
Free Software , Free Speech , Free Society
http://bhavesh.freeshell.org
- New wireless drivers for: ipw2100 ("Centrino"(TM
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! and THANK YOU!
I am soooo happy that this got included. It is what I've been waiting for. Where do I donate!?
Scott
Just started FTP download
Re: Just started FTP download
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikiBob
Also downloading from this one... ~18.75 kb/s.... Hunting for more mirrors... 8)
Re: Just started FTP download
Quote:
Originally Posted by StyleWarz
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikiBob
Also downloading from this one... ~18.75 kb/s.... Hunting for more mirrors... 8)
I was getting about 120 KB/s, but now its really about 30. I'm thinking of going back to BT.
knoppix26 Segmentation Fault
Has anyone else seen a Segmentation Fault when probing megaraid.o while booting into knoppix26? I'm running a Pentium 4 with an ASUS P4P800 motherboard.
Gracias.