Wireless with Intel Centrino (2100) & Knoppix 3.4
I have just DL'd the 3.4 version. It mentions that the Centrino chip is supported. I have tried getting it to work but to know avail.
The main reason I have loaded Knoppix is to use Airsnort and test the security of the wireless network here.
Can anyone offer any 123 steps to getting this to work?
Thank you in advance.
Error when running makefile for hostap-driver-0.1.3
I would love to have to deal with the problems you're dealing with already, but unfortunately I'm still struggling at a step at the very beginning. I actually created a seperate topic, but maybe somebody here knows how to also fix this: Error when running makefile for hostap-driver-0.1.3.
Your help is greatly appreciated!
Centrino Wireless works for me!
Hi:
Following Dan's advice from this thread I finally got my wireless to work!
I have a Sony VAIO Z1 laptop with the intelo pro 2100 wireless card. This is the first Linux Distro (knoppix 3.4) that has worked with my wireless.
The only issue is that I have to run the wavenan configuration utility and netcardconfig each time I boot. Once I've run those I'm up and running.
I'm a Lunux noob and this has me very excited!
Thanks to all
Bob