-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Forester
And you should come up with the description before you try to make the elephant.
Too often (and I count myself among the guilty) folks go off and make something in the belief that when it is done it will be self-explanatory. Saves all that thinking, designing, explaining, and convincing that ought to go before the doing.
I think you need to define what you are doing before you start. A quick glance at your new thread and I see you've tried. Well done. But a second glance and I see it is all about 'how', not about, 'what' or even 'why'.
Am I making any sense ?
Greetings again, Forester
I was tempted to respond in kind and define some elephants, but
my quest is not that grand. I'm only asking for the addition of
two modest additions to the Knoppix menu. These two scripts would
use already built-in elements of Knoppix for the most part.
We all use the menu function 'Install KNOPPIX to flash disk' from
the Knoppix LiveCD Menu. Have you tried it from the LiveUSB menu?
That's another story. I want you to focus on this customer's
request for just a couple of NEW menu items.
One new LiveUSB menu choice, actually produce something useful for
an improved clone, which would create (1) a new-and-improved compressed
KNOPPIX file containing the net combined net contents of the source's
KNOPPIX file and the source's persistence file; and (2) a renewed 'empty'
persistence file. This product should be bootable.
The second LiveUSB menu choice would produce a similar LiveCD product,
but we will forego the persistence aspect (for now, anyway).
I don't personally care any more whether these results require additional
storage to PREPARE the magic for the LiveUSB. I still want the PRODUCT
to fit on a 2 Gb LiveUSB started initially from a LiveCD iso.
I want to make as good a use of the LiveUSB real estate as Klaus does
with the LiveCD real estate.
The new LiveCD from LiveUSB menu choice is to provide some belt-and-
suspenders back-up to tide us over those times we clobber our r/w
media we've come to rely on with our clumsiness. 'us' and 'our' are royal singular.
Your doremaster idea seems to be about as elegant an idea as I could ask
for. But I can't make it work.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco Catalyst C9120AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points
$30.00

NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED
$2999.99

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$240.00

Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco XFP-10G-MM-SR 10G XFP Transceiver
$79.89