-
GPG signed md5sum
I would like it if the knoppix team would provide a gpg signed md5sum file for the knoppix iso's.
I downloaded knoppix 3.4 from a torrent last night.
This morning I looked at the md5sum - and it is different than the md5sum I got from an official knoppix mirror.
With Fedora, the gpg sign the md5sum file, and the torrents include the signed md5sum file - so that I can verify the md5sum is good, and then verify that the iso is good.
I can't trust an md5sum from an unknown torrent (and the one I used did not provide one anyway) unless it is properly signed by the knoppix team, and it would make it easier to properly verify a torrent download if the torrent had a signed md5sum with it.
-
Ummm... isn't that what the .asc file is (hint open it and look). It has been included with the torrents since he started them, and if I remember correctly, then it has been on the FTP servers since i started in late 1.x.
it is (from the 3.4 us file
----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
49a62cdac7a3afcee0d2d47ea17daa6f *KNOPPIX_V3.4-2004-05-04-EN.iso
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (GNU/Linux)
iQCVAwUBQJa5kTLvxgG6jwONAQGLtQQAmbMJkqiTW1gXFqaQlo op2UI2Vg5K/p2p
liWF0ELC9VPl4hQtD9Mt7NFHxlQ6rkZXMPAhncc3raEgJk8dej EYbtKWUJ9oSvId
485nu8+3qAwHO/iSvQpjA4grM7gEW2ltB21kIs9DvBc2jbH3WQ7kUy8R1iEWAdDe
S6yru/BntX8=
=DNzr
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Similar Threads
-
By empro in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-15-2004, 04:15 PM
-
By behnood in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-28-2004, 04:36 PM
-
By Moob in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-17-2003, 06:11 AM
-
By unamiccia in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-08-2003, 05:34 PM
-
By bob_parker in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-06-2003, 07:17 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$149.99

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852
$559.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92

IBM SERVER SLED WITH HDD SCSI 8.8GB ,P005043441, AS IS,UNTESTED
$165.00

IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A
$1731.00

IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5" Server Hard Drive
$200.00

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$250.00