-
Junior Member
registered user
Graphics cards - just my luck?
I have just come across Knoppix while looking for a way to recover a damaged hard disk.
But I can't get 3.3 to recognize any of the 3 graphics cards I have available. These are:
Nvidia GeForce 2 (64mb)
Voodoo 3 (12mb I think)
ATI 3D Rage Pro (atir3) (from an old computer)
I get the "No suitable x-server found for your card" with each, after it tries "fbdev" and "vesa".
I understand there are difficulties with Nvidia cards, but the other two are surely common enough, even if old! Is it just my luck that I happen to have 3 which won't work with Knoppix - or am I missing something?
I have tried the "failsafe" cheat code, and putting in the xserver name Knoppix shows on the way through.
Or can someone suggest a common and cheap card which always does run Knoppix? Resolution, optical quality, etc are not issues.
Also am I right in assuming that the message on the login screen about the German keyboard would have been taken care of on a uk-produced copy (*-EN.iso)? The "=" sign seems to work normally.
My system is a 1300 mhz Duron with 512MB Ram
Many thanks for any suggestions/aclarations
David
Similar Threads
-
By I S in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-28-2005, 07:12 PM
-
By Krogen in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-21-2005, 06:45 PM
-
By zippix in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-12-2004, 02:23 AM
-
By ShavedHawk in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-01-2003, 04:13 AM
-
By cYmen in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-13-2003, 07:10 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SK Hynix Server Memory 32GB (1x32GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz HMA84GR7MFR4N Lot of 12
$1599.99

2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder
$3.99

x4 Intel 128GB NMB1XXD128GPS Optane Memory 200 Series PMEM Module 3200 DDR4 RAM
$329.99

x2 Micron 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V ECC REG Server Memory - MTA18ASF2G72PDZ-2G6E1
$179.00

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Lot of 10 Samsung 32 GB DDR4 2666V M393A4K40BB2 Server Memory
$1999.99

Samsung 128GB 2x64GB DDR4 PC4-19200 288-Pin ECC Registered LRDIMM
$450.00

SK Hynix 64B PC4-2933Y Server Memory DDR4 RAM HMAA8GR7MJR4N-WM
$499.99

SK HYNIX HMAA8GL7MMR4N-UH 64GB PC4-2400T RDIMM Server RAM
$289.95

Bulk lot of 13 × 4GB DDR4-2400 ECC Registered RDIMM server memory modules
$195.00