It's in the newest remastering guide here and also in the custom kernel guide- cebit and the new 3.4 use isolinux instead of syslinux, so the booting is no longer done with floppy emulation.
I found this on the mailing list so I thought I'd put itin here. Surely someone will be looking for it.
On Sat, Apr 03, 2004 at 05:24:19PM +0200, Martin Herweg wrote:
>
> Hi!
>
> I tried to remaster knoppix 3.4 (CeBit)
> with the instructions from LinuxMagazin 03/04
>
> the last step fails, because on the CD there is no
> boot.img anymore:
>
> mkisofs -J -T -v -r -c KNOPPIX/boot.cat -b KNOPPIX/boot.img -o
> knoppix_custom.iso KNOPPIX_CD
>
>
> which options , which filename do I need instead of
> boot.img ?
-no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -b boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -c boot/isolinux/boot.cat
Regards
-Klaus Knopper
It's in the newest remastering guide here and also in the custom kernel guide- cebit and the new 3.4 use isolinux instead of syslinux, so the booting is no longer done with floppy emulation.
Thanks I did not know that. I don't rely too much on documentation remaining here as it is always getting haked up by someone. For example, here's what you get when you click the Docs link:Originally Posted by arkaine23
Yeah that's helpful.........you can't even get to the custom kernel howto.I
L O V E
Y O U
C A R A
A L W A Y S & F O R E V E R!
I guess that means that Knoppix really IS mainstream if the silly little script kiddies have nothing better to do that write junior high love notes in the wiki.

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99
RED HAT ENTERPRISE LINUX 5 SERVER RHF0382US-R1 for PC x86 AMD 64 INTEL 64 30 Day
$188.24
Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set
$58.00
OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00
ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00
Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99
Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00