Same exact issue with 3.3
I'm using a linksys WPC11 PCMCIA v3 wireless card on a Dell Inspiron 7000. With Knoppix 3.4
I've gotten Knoppix to see the card and connect to my AC, as I can ping internal and external address. I can pull up www.apple.com...once.
The strange thing is that after I ping a few places, or try to follow one of the links on www.apple.com the connection quality drops from 86/90 to 8/90.
Doing a 'cardctl reset' resets the connection. After I do this, the connection qulaity is restored and I can ping a few sites and pull up www.apple.com again, but then the same thing happens after I try to access another link.
I can never access anything via Mozilla or Konquerer. Its starts to pull up the page and then dies about 25% of the way through.
I've tried changing channels, turning off WEP, etc.
I've also tried doing iwconfig eth0 frag xxx and rts xxx, but those numbers doing stick. When I do another iwconfig, there set to off. Commit doesn't work either.
Signal levels go from -143 to 4/153 ... don't know what this means.
Noise levels go from -145 to 116/153 ... again don't know what this means.
I've search around and found this thread: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...742&highlight= but its all about 3.3 and none of the suggested changes worked.
I'm sure I've missed some setting, but which one?
Same exact issue with 3.3
I think you have a bad card or, less likely, pcmcia socket. I have the identical setup (Inspiron 7000 with WPC11) which works with both 3.3 and 3.4.
The only problems I had are regarding editing certain config files (see http://weblog.nohair.net/current/#000484 for this) and the fact that the connection breaks when kdm loads. Once I've logged into kde, I must run "ifup eth0" to restart the connection.
Socket works with a regular wired pcmcia nic card and the Linksys card works fine in Windows...
There must be something I'm missing.
Could you describe the process, once more, that you do to get it working? Is it the same for 3.4?
I followed the tips from the link you posted above as well as your other thread. But I get the same response.
I haven't tested the card within the last week or so with Windows, so maybe it is broken?
I'm missing a hard drive for the laptop, but that should be here early next week so when that gets here, I'll throw 2000 on and see if it works with the card.
I did have similar problems with dropped connections earlier. That appeared to be due to problems between my router and DSL modem. Once the modem was in true bridge mode and the pppoe was being handled by the router, the problem went away. I do not know your network setup, but perhaps you are running more than one dhcp server or this is misconfigured. I use static ip on my network. You could try turning off the dhcp server on the router and and use static ip on the laptop.
There are also a number of threads regarding problems with various versions of the card - check with these. I think that there may have been a change in the chipset at one time. Perhaps another module is needed for support? Anyway, my identical laptop worked right out of the install after I did the steps outlined previously, before I messed with any of the modules or rebuilt the kernel.

Samsung DVI to DVI Cable 6 ft Digital Video Interface Audio Video NEW
$30.89
Samsung PM9A1 1TB PCIe 4.0 x4 NVMe M.2 SSD
$135.00
NEW - Samsung 512GB USB-C Flash Drive Blue Up to 400MB/s Read Speed
$120.00
QTY 100 Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 4 Pro 10.1” Case, Black
$500.00
Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc
$27.99
Samsung JC95-01514A Cover-Side Roller T2 Compatible
$39.00
Samsung JC93-01078A Transfer Roller T2
$89.00
Samsung PC4-2666V 16GB 2Rx8 RAM DDR4 2666MHz M471A2K43CB1-CTD
$59.99
Samsung LC34G55TWDNXZA 34" Odyssey G55T WQHD 165Hz 1ms(MPRT) AMD FreeSync HDR
$217.00
Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Digitizer 100% Original Oem
$152.99