-
I did have similar problems with dropped connections earlier. That appeared to be due to problems between my router and DSL modem. Once the modem was in true bridge mode and the pppoe was being handled by the router, the problem went away. I do not know your network setup, but perhaps you are running more than one dhcp server or this is misconfigured. I use static ip on my network. You could try turning off the dhcp server on the router and and use static ip on the laptop.
There are also a number of threads regarding problems with various versions of the card - check with these. I think that there may have been a change in the chipset at one time. Perhaps another module is needed for support? Anyway, my identical laptop worked right out of the install after I did the steps outlined previously, before I messed with any of the modules or rebuilt the kernel.
Similar Threads
-
By dbk-gravity in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-31-2005, 10:37 AM
-
By sgs9198 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-02-2004, 11:15 PM
-
By PAlvarez in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 02-02-2004, 11:47 PM
-
By cgoodier in forum Networking
Replies: 11
Last Post: 10-13-2003, 01:07 AM
-
By zirey in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-20-2003, 02:31 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Atari 1050 Disk Drive w/ SIO Cable & 32 Games/Programs - UNTESTED
$67.76

Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly
$18.95

VTG Atari 600XL Home Computer System in Box ** Powers On ** Clean * Tested Works
$148.75

Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U
$159.99

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on
$255.00

VTG Atari 800XL Home Computer Retro System Console Untested Parts Repair Only
$119.99

A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS
$16.95

Vintage 1984: Super Sketch G2300 For Atari Home Computer
$72.00

GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00