Bittorrent is after all about sharing, but I know what you mean. So if you want to cut down the uploads rate let's say to 12 do:
btdownloadcurses --max_upload_rate 12 filename.torrent
PS. I'm not on the list![]()
I get frustrated with bit torrent when I only have a fraction of the iso downloaded, but have uploaded to 'peers' many times more than I've downloaded, and the download speed is 'maybe' 20k per second.
So, I will now say farewell to these people..
68.235.220.132
24.29.179.251
24.6.170.95
62.142.236.140
81.88.226.5
213.205.68.107
68.150.73.227
24.199.85.131
82.35.64.50
156,34,57,113
142.163.173.117
81.66.237.82
218.212.5.160
128.123.232.154
82.41.114.44
80.61.238.104
81.33.220.118
.... as I switch from the slow bittorrent to a 100 kilobyte per second download from a .edu ftp server.
it's not my fault the torrent sucks, i've uploaded more than I downloaded.
And it's always funny that theres always one or two guys out of the list of 20 or so peers who manage to download at 200 or 300 k per second while everyone else is struggling with a 20k per second download . (Azureus shows that)
Bittorrent is after all about sharing, but I know what you mean. So if you want to cut down the uploads rate let's say to 12 do:
btdownloadcurses --max_upload_rate 12 filename.torrent
PS. I'm not on the list![]()
Use Shadow's Experimental Or his new one BitTornado (both have Linux clients if I remember correctly), they allow for on the fly changes to connection speeds, and connections.
Plus it auto bans due to improper sharing. I used Azureus for a little while to test it out, but I don't feel that the Java programing is very tight, and that it moved slower that it should, but that is only my opinion.
It may not be as pretty a client, but I prefer usability (and cost) when it comes to non gaming software, heck even in some gaming software.
Now if Linux could only get the windows DirectX APIs to function properly, I could lose XP.![]()

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99
OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00
SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99
Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall
$680.00
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75
Firewalla Gold Pro 10GbE Firewall Router with Rack Mount Ears and USB Key
$829.99
Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00
Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed
$202.50
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00