Why donn't you use knoppix-installer? It seems to work well for me.
- Pydron
Hello team:
I have downloaded the latest Knoppix 3.4.
knoppix26 does freeze at a10002w.o, right after megaraid.o I solved this by simply skipping the SCSI detection (as noted in the bug tracking section of this forum) :
#knoppix 26 noscsi
However, I am now confronted with a FAR more trivial issue - how to install 3.4 on to my HDD? Checked the cheat codes, nothin' there. knx-hdinstall doesn't work... I do not wish to copy the CD to HDD and run it from there, I want what knx-hdinstall was to 3.3![]()
Keep hacking,
Agent Smith
Why donn't you use knoppix-installer? It seems to work well for me.
- Pydron
Fix your settings and then run
KNOPPIX/usr/sbin/knx2hd
After booting from CD, go to root console (ctrl-alt-F1) and run the script knoppix-install. Not exactly like the old knx-install, but it works fine.
why not paying a visit to http://godot.be -> animated penguins ?
<humble> that page gives a very nice description of how to use the knx2hd *and* knx-hdinstall programs</humble>
cu, g.

Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU
$7.95
NEW HP Z4 G4 Workstation Xeon W-2123 16GB ECC 256GB NVMe NVIDIA T400 750W Win11
$450.00
Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00
Intel Xeon E-2146G 6-Core 3.5GHz CPU
$85.00
Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54
Dell T7910 Workstation Tower Homelab AI Server PC - Xeon CPU - NO HDD/RAM/GPU
$279.99
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
HP Z420 Tower Workstation Xeon E5-1620 3.60GHz, 4GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$140.00