-
Junior Member
registered user
knx-hdinstall stops
I am already using Mandrake Linux 8.2, works fine. Now I wanted to use Knoppix to migrate from Mandrake to Debian, installing Knoppix on HD by using the knx-hdinstall skript. Now when I
sudo /usr/local/bin/knx-hdinstall
the script starts, but after a short while the process stops, giving me no other choice than strg-alt-backspace to shut down Knoppix.
To solve the problem I copied another version of knx-hdinstall from the net, but that doesn't work either. So it is obviously NOT the script that doesn't work. (I should add that on running Knoppix all my devices are detected correctly, no error messages...)
Is this trouble caused by the fact that I have no FREE diskspace when I start knx-hdinstall? I had the idea to run knx-hdinstall and THEN use cfdisk to delete my Mandrake partitions and replace them with new and empty partitions. Or should I simply try another Knoppix cd (I am currently using the Knoppix-c't-version that was published two weeks ago in the German c't magazine)?
Any other sugegstions?
Similar Threads
-
By brianfay in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-01-2005, 06:54 PM
-
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-24-2005, 12:03 AM
-
By davidhalo2 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-28-2004, 03:01 PM
-
By alex+ in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-20-2004, 01:13 PM
-
By madLyfe in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-23-2003, 07:37 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A
$155.00

Macintosh Pascal Lowell Carmony Robert Holliday Vintage 1985 Apple Mac Tech Book
$25.00

Apple Power Macintosh PowerPC 7300/200 VTG w Keyboard Mouse Storage Drive Read
$199.99

Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read
$295.00

Apple Macintosh Quadra 605 Vintage Desktop Computer, Model M1476 Untested
$299.00

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95

AppleDesign Keyboard M2980 ADB Vintage Macintosh Apple IIgs Full Size Tested
$54.99

185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac
$99.00

Apple Macintosh DuoDock Duo Dock M7779 & Powerbook 230 Vintage Mac RARE Vintage
$249.00

Mixed Lot Vintage Mac Windows media / Graphics / Sound Software - CDs 37 Pieces
$40.99