-
For those with Knoppix 3.7, the Feather Linux (kernel 2.4.27) boot disk can be used: ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/featherlinux/boot.img
I basically removed a few SCSI modules that I couldn't find many people using, and compressed the kernel using UPX.
-
OK, I rawrited the FeatherLinux boot.img to floppy. Burned the FeatherLinux .iso, put that in the CD drive. Reboot to floppy, which results in: boot:, linux24, minirt24.gz........, then PC spontaneously reboots.
Repeat with Knoppix 3.7 in CD drive. Same result.
If I remove the floppy, I can boot to FeatherLinux or Knoppix CD just fine.
Tried this on 2 different PCs, same result both time. The CD drives on both systems are standard ATAPI, secondary master.
I'd be delighted if this worked, but it isn't working for me. Any ideas?
-
IF YOU NEED A BOOT DISK FOR YOUR KNOPPIX TOHD READ THIS
Hi there, Knoppixers
I managed to write a script which installs a syslinux-based Knoppix CD onto HDD in a FAT16 partition and MAKES THE PARTITION BOOTABLE BY ITSELF - NO NEED FOR A FLOPPY OR THE KNOPPIX CD !!!!.
The FAT16 partition MUST be created BEFORE running the script - and at the run time the script will delete all files on that partition.
The FAT16 partition must have between 710 MB and 1 GB
If anyone is interested in this script, you can read the forum subject here:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...?p=78001#78001
You will find there a link where you can download the script
Similar Threads
-
By Crenn in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 25
Last Post: 04-04-2005, 11:02 PM
-
By jariep in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-15-2005, 04:50 PM
-
By CCC-Shiner in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-03-2004, 11:28 PM
-
By queen2 in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-23-2004, 01:51 PM
-
By worfking in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-30-2003, 02:19 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver
$1500.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco C9130AXI-B Dual Band Wireless Access Point 9130AXI Internal Antenna B
$65.00

Cisco C9300NM8X Network Switch Module
$599.99

Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99

Cisco Catalyst C9120AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points
$36.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G 2 Port Network Exp Module for 3850
$16.99

CISCO ISR4331/K9 V04 Integrated Services Router -Sealed Box
$332.49

Cisco C9300L-STACK-KIT2 Network Stacking Module Kit Catalyst 9300L & 9300LM New
$495.57