Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: How to create boot floppies for 3.4?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    4

    How to create boot floppies for 3.4?

    I notice that the routines for creating boot floppies have changed from 3.3 to 3.4. I found a note stating that it should be easier now, but not how to actually create the floppies for knoppix 3.4.

    How do I do that? I have access to both windows and linux, but am interested in how to create floppies from both systems.

    Thank you in advance! / f =)

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    72
    Smart boot manager is handy'er to have than a bunch of floppies dedicated thier respective CD.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by softwaretester
    Smart boot manager is handy'er to have than a bunch of floppies dedicated thier respective CD.
    Any suggestions to the original posters request? I also need a boot floppy disk, not a partition manager.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by softwaretester
    Smart boot manager is handy'er to have than a bunch of floppies dedicated thier respective CD.
    Been there, done that. Didn't work. =)

    The thing is that sbm does not work on my obscure laptop (Supra 5026, a p166 from the stonage). I tried various boot managers in general, either they do not recognise the cd or do not load at all.

    As mentioned, I read somewhere (cant find it again though) that the move to isolinux in 3.4 was partially to make it possible to have two boot floppies (for 2.6 kernels). So, I really do believe that there is some way to create those floppies. The question remains. How?

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    14
    I would like to know this as well. I tried a boot disk from 3.3, and while that will boot Knoppix it leaves a list of errors and unrecognized hardware in its wake. (Most noticeable is my internet connection.) There must be some way to make a floppy, but I remain mystified. Any help would be appreciated...

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    297

    Answered ...

    Hi,

    answered in:

    http://knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.p...cf7fab6774f0bf

    please discuss the solution there.

    cu

    Fabian

    PS: Closed to avoid duplicates.

Similar Threads

  1. How can I do the boot floppies on Kno38?
    By OP4Latino in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-25-2005, 07:22 AM
  2. Create user at boot...
    By tuds47 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-01-2005, 11:02 AM
  3. Boot Floppies Don't Work Ver3.7
    By crhoff in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-11-2005, 09:13 PM
  4. How to create a boot.img file?
    By rodragon in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-14-2004, 03:55 AM
  5. How to create my own boot.cat file?
    By Blue in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-02-2003, 05:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive

$318.99



Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4 picture

Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4

$39.00



Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive

$14.99



Seagate 3.5

Seagate 3.5" Desktop HDD 3TB SATA III 6Gbps HDD 1ER166-510

$39.99



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS picture

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS

$184.99



SEAGATE EXOS 4TB 7.2K 12Gb/s 3.5

SEAGATE EXOS 4TB 7.2K 12Gb/s 3.5" 128MB Cach SAS ST4000NM0125 HDD hard drive

$59.99